设为首页收藏本站

科技网

科技网 门户 新能源 燃料电池 查看内容

并列6组电解槽的制作

2018-4-22 20:33| 发布者: dymodel| 查看: 714| 评论: 0|原作者: ballba

摘要: 根据金属不锈钢电解槽的制作过程,我们可以把金属不锈钢电解槽并列在一起使用以产生更多的氢气。 To keep things simple, the following are some terms that I'll be using throughout this project Plate A ...
根据金属不锈钢电解槽的制作过程,我们可以把金属不锈钢电解槽并列在一起使用以产生更多的氢气。


To keep things simple, the following are some terms that I'll be using throughout this project
Plate Assembly: The system of alternating + / - plates that I came up with several years ago and the specific way in which I have assembled them. It allows for clean and even distribution of power throughout the assembly. In this project there are 8 plates in each assembly measuring 1.5 x 6 inches each. Some of my older projects had 12 plates. These 8 give me a total of 4 (+) plates and 4 (-) plates.
Parallel Plates : This is explained quite well in the Electrolysis Basics guide found at: In short it just refers to the fact that all of the plates are fed power in parallel with each other rather then passing the current through the plates in a series format.
Submerged Cells: This refers to the fact that my cells have their plate assemblies completely submerged. This is one of the nice advantages of Parallel Plate designs. There is nothing at all from my reactive area that remains above the water line. In fact if the water should ever get so low as to reach the top of the reactive area, it would mean that I'm seriously neglecting the unit. With this design one would always want to ensure that their plate arrays were entirely submerged.
Reactive Area: This is the total surface area of each cell that can react to produce an electrolytic effect. It is NOT just a sum of surface area in the cell. That would be 144 sq. inches (1.5 x 6 x 16) in my case which is wrong. Your reactive area has to account for the outside of your 2 end plates since they really don't react with much. That subtracts 18 square inches there. Then the remaining area has to be divided by 2 since reactive area is comprised of a PAIR of surfaces. The (-) and the (+) surface together make a reactive area. So 63 sq. inches ((144-18 )/2) is my total Reactive Area per cell in this case.
Electrolyzer Array: This is the total number of individual electrolyzer cells (not plates) working together in series to produce gas. Each of my tubes (except the bubbler) in this case is a complete electrolyzer cell.
Please note that this unit was the very first prototype of its kind. I only had 5 plate assemblies since I had to sheer the plates and drill them by hand. The production units will have at least 6 cells (maybe 7) and 1 bubbler for a total of 7 or 8 tubes. That gap will not be there in the production units


People got mad at me last year saying things to the effect of: "WTF Chris... why are you changing designs so fast when you haven't even fully tested this one? How efficient is this design?" Well I changed designs without even bothering to test efficiency because I realized there was a better way to design the unit. Performing efficiency tests was just going to be a waste of time since efficiency would be the same no matter what the container was.
I am always building my designs with several things in mind:
1. Efficiency (maximum gas output with minimum wattage)
2. Safety (obvious need when dealing with a highly combustible gas)
3. Feasibility (how well will the unit work in various applications such as cars, trucks, stationary generators)
4. Reproducibility (how easily can others duplicate what Ive done and achieve similar results)
I'm trying to score HIGH in all of these categories, so if I change as soon as I start building something... it's because I immediately see that the design is lacking in one or more of these areas. Often it's in the Safety or Feasibility categories.
Efficiency is easy for the most part. I have said for years now that when you're talking about Brute Force Electrolysis, your efficiency is going to be similar no matter what your container is. If you have two identical electrode assemblies (plates or pipes) sitting in a 55 gallon drum or in a custom made polycarbonate box... it's not going to matter much at all for efficiency. The electrode assembly is determining your efficiency for the most part. The container does however play a HUGE role in the Safety, Feasibility & Reproducibility of a design. But when it comes to the efficiency of Brute Force Electrolysis all that the container can really do is help with heat transfer and electrolyte circulation.
You may recall my projects long ago switched to my alternating plate assembly in fully submerged cells. It's because I recognized the many advantages to this assembly design. I have kept with that basic plate assembly design ever since. Most all of my changes have centered on the container because of Safety & Feasibility issues.


鲜花

握手

雷人

路过

鸡蛋

辽公网安备 21100402204006号|科技网 ( 辽ICP备07501385号-1   

GMT+8, 2019-4-21 04:43

Powered by tech-domain X3.4 Licensed

© 2001-2017 Comsenz Inc.

返回顶部